Final PDF Paper Submission Instructions
Before Creating final PDF
- Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact Andres Melendez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the appropriate copyright notice.
- Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Copyright Notice to include
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2927-3/19/$31.00 ©2019 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2927-3/19/$31.00 ©2019 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2927-3/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
Preparing Final PDF
Authors must adhere to the IEEE Conference written paper format. The author must submit the final version of the manuscript(s) and sign online the “IEEE Copyright Form” before the final submission deadline. This process is done through the same IES Submit system used for initial paper submission (link in "Where to Submit" section below).
IEEE is very strict about the compliance requirements for PDF files for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. We strongly recommend using IEEE PDF eXpress® site to check your final version of the paper.
Later, the IES PCT system will perform more checks on your final version, and authors of wrongly formatted papers will be contacted.
IEEE PDF eXpress® instructions
You can access IEEE PDF eXpress® site by clicking here. Use 41052X as the conference code.
Contacting IEEE PDF eXpress® Support
You can access Publications Support Center by clicking here. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
Where to find Paper Templates
Click here to download paper templates in word and LaTeX. (Opens in new Window/Tab)
To know more about how to create papers for IEEE IES conferences, please visit: http://www.ieee-ies.org/conferences/paper-format-for-conferences (Opens in new Window/Tab)
Instructions for Authors - Regular and Special Session Papers
Prospective authors are invited to electronically submit full regular papers of their work. English is the working language of the Conference. Papers are limited to six (6) pages. Up to two (2) additional pages can be accepted, but additional page fees must be paid at registration.
Authors must adhere to the IEEE Conference written paper format. The author must submit the draft version of the paper for review before the due submission deadline (Important Dates). These are submitted through the IES Submit system, which is entered from the conference website. IEEE is very strict about the requirements for PDF files for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. We strongly recommend to use the set of templates in MS Word and LaTeX format provided by IEEE. Letter page size is preferred, and A4 can also be used. Please use them to create your paper, but don't modify the style nor the format under any circumstances
Submit only original work, not previously published or copyrighted. Prospective authors are expected to submit only their own original works. The Conference will be using the CrossCheck automated screening system to help verify originality of papers. Submitted works may be compared to over 20 million articles in databases worldwide. Papers that violate IEEE's publication principles may be summarily rejected. If the violation is deemed severe, then disciplinary actions may also be taken by IEEE.
Accepted and presented papers will be copyrighted to IEEE and published in conference proceedings, which will be eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, once it meets the requirements of an IEEE quality review. It will then be customarily indexed by EI Compendex.
Instructions for Authors - Fasttrack to IEEE TII
INDIN 2019 presents a unique chance of fast-tracking best papers to IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII). Authors intended to use the fast track shall submit papers in the form following the transactions requirements: length up to 8 pages, double-column IEEE format, without authors’ names and affiliations. If the paper is accepted and recommended for the transactions’ submission, the authors will be asked to:
- Revise the paper according to the reviewers’ comments and submit it to the TII with attached summary of revisions. The paper will be then subject to double blind review process of TII.
- Prepare a shortened, 4 page long version for the INDIN proceedings and submit it by the ‘final manuscripts due’ deadline of INDIN 2019. This version shall include authors names and affiliations as per the usual INDIN template.
Please visit https://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/submit-your-article-for-peer-review/the-ieee-article-submission-process/ for complete instructions.
Note: Please use above link for instructions, use INDIN 2019 submission system and not TII submission to submit your paper.